Monday, July 10, 2006

"Awad Sold his land" and "My dear children thank you" star passed away

Today Egypt and the Arab World lost of one the great comedians and actors ever in the 20th century , Mr.Abd El-Monam Madbolly

He died with a heart attack while he was in the hospital ,he was already in hospital for the last two weeks
he was 85 years old .
I felt so so so sad today when I received the news
He was ,is and will be my favorite comedian
The funny regular man , or as it is known in America as average Joe , not handsome or rich , but the same man who can be your father or your brother or even Grand father
for me he was my Grand father
I was from the generations who watched his TV show in Ramadan as Gado Abdo "Grand Dad Abdo" , I love it more than Fouad El-Mohandes 's Regular Ramadan Show
In fact I believe that Madbolly was a better comedian than El-Mohandes thousands times , you want a proof , ok in the Egyptian Theatre history Madbolly got a school of his own under the name of "Madbollism"

He was not only a comedian star but a great Director in theatre and a great Drama actor that deserves Emmy awards for his great acting abilities in the TV series "My dear Children Thank You "

This great man ended his film career with a powerful scene in the political Comedy "I want my right" starring Hani Ramzi , in this powerful scene which showed how weak actor Ramzi is and how powerful actor Madbolly was , the old man appeared as a father of a soldier who died in Egypt's war
"Awad sold his land o' people "

Great actor who didn't care for the size of the role , I remember him in Salah Abu Sief's masterpiece with Egypt 's Nobel Prize Winner Naguib Mafouz " Between Heaven and Earth" , this role the thief who got stuck was various kinds of people presenting the Egyptian society in the late 50s , the role was wonderful

He got many many comedian roles likes Doctor Kasbah

I really feel sad , I feel very sad since the beginning of 2006 and Egypt is losing great people ,I don't know if we will be able to reach the same level they had

May God bless his soul and please pray for him

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comment
Please keep it civilized here, racist and hateful comments are not accepted
The Comments in this blog with exclusion of the blog's owner does not represent the views of the blog's owner.