Sunday, July 26, 2009

Even in Clubs’ Elections

I was sitting with couple of friends who were speaking about the up coming elections in Shooting Club and Ahly Club. They  were speaking about the on going wars in Shooting club elections and how businessman and eng. Hussein Sabor in the end is going to win there and how Hassan Hamdy at Ahly Club is winning the hearts and minds with Al Ahram advertising agency money.

One thing particular they agreed upon that who will ever wins , he will win because the State security wants him to win by the end of the day not because of the votes.

Even in the social and sports’ clubs !!?? are not the syndications and unions enough for the State security to control !!?? Also the sports clubs !!??

I can’t find one logic reason for the State security to interfere in the clubs’ elections with my all respect , I understand the issue with the syndications and unions. After all Ahly Club and Shooting Club are not exactly the Judges Club !!??

I know very well that there is fraud in the Clubs’ elections just like any other election in Egypt as the vote is not enough but rather the money yet seriously .. ..

The relations of politics and sports especially football in Egypt is well known , football is the secret opium used by the regime to drug the Egyptian people since the Nasserite era “I still remember Reda Abd Ala case ” but this is not about football , it is about elections and people’s right to choose whomever they believe will serve their best interest ;S.S does not want them to get used to that.

6 comments:

  1. I dnt know the man in person but as far as I know, Sabour wins because a lot of members like what he has been doing with the club. I dnt really go and vote, since I am away but I havent met one family member or friend who has grave disliking to how he's been managing the club. In fact a lot of ppl are happy with the latest addition of the 6th October club. Also, the man has allowed for various religious events and activities in the club. If you dnt know that already, ppl like Amr Khaled became famous because of his public lecture events in the club.
    With all due respect, I really dnt want to see my club turn into a battle ground with the MB, the state or others. Its fine to have a board member with certain affiliations as long as he keeps his affiliations out of his work in the club. And I certainly dnt want an MB on top post because we all know their views on women clothing, women sports, swimming ect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and who mentioned the MBs in the post ?? I am not speaking about Sabor in particular in the shooting club here dear , I am speaking about the intervention in the election process itself

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you did mention Sabour once u indicated there is intervention in the club's results. He is the one who won and if u imply the elections arent fair then you are mentioning him indirectly no?wt is ur proof that we have security intervention in the club's elections? Did u ever read about a member who was denied to run? What you are saying might be true for syndicates' elections and some clubs but I fail to see how El Saaid club fits in. I referred to MB as an example especially since they tend to be far more organized than others, including the NDP.
    if it makes u feel better, we all know security intervenes in many aspects of our lives, u cant be offered a place as faculty member if ur security check doesnt come out ok, etc
    I like reading may of ur posts but sometimes u need to do further research and not just report wt friends are saying bec we all know in Egypt we all talk about everything whether we know or dont. As a member in the club, I really would like to know if there is proof of election violations.
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. @spoiled Egy,you are truly loyal Shooting club member
    I did not imply anything regarding the elections of both Al-Ahly nor Shooting club and I do not know why the Ahly fans were not offended in the same way by mentioning Hassan Hamdy !!It is not about your club elections I am afraid it is about clubs in general
    Regarding my friends well they do not just chit chat about nonsense
    I did not speak about your club's elections except in a small mention,I did not speak about violations, do not put words on my tongue that I did not say.
    It is not the shooting club dear, read again my post

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I was sitting with couple of friends who were speaking about the up coming elections in Shooting Club and Ahly Club. They were speaking about the on going wars in Shooting club elections and how businessman and eng. Hussein Sabor in the end is going to win there and how Hassan Hamdy at Ahly Club is winning the hearts and minds with Al Ahram advertising agency money.

    One thing particular they agreed upon that who will ever wins , he will win because the State security wants him to win by the end of the day not because of the votes."

    ReplyDelete
  6. and so what !!??? Look this is what was said in front of me and I was clear in my post again and again
    Do not forget there are two clubs mentioned in here and again I am amazed why the Ahly fans are not that offended like you
    It is strange because now I remember that State security was behind the decision of banning Amr Khalid lesson in Shooting Club just like any other public place, eng.Saboor with my all respect did not stand and could not stand in front of that decision

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comment
Please keep it civilized here, racist and hateful comments are not accepted
The Comments in this blog with exclusion of the blog's owner does not represent the views of the blog's owner.