|El-Araby at Tahrir|
The man has got a lot of files and a lot of challenges starting from the treatment of Egyptians at their embassies abroad to the biggest challenges of all times : The river Nile water share.
Since the appointment of Al Araby and Israeli media seems to be hostile towards the man who attended and participated at the peace negotiations at Camp David in a strange way even without waiting to see his policies. Of course the fact that he widely and openly criticized the war on Gaza makes him unwelcomed personality to Israel !! Added to that his warning to Israel from any military operation against Gaza and his historical statement that Iran is not an enemy state made them hate him more and more unreasonably !!
Anyhow here is the interview with Mona El-Shazly on Dream TV last “ Dream TV should add English Dubbing to important interviews like that one”
First of all I love that photo of him , Amr Moussa , Mohamed ElBaradei and Nabil Fahmy at the UN which was included at introductory report. I really love it :)
Second to the things that really matters :
- The minister made it clear that Egypt will not violate the Camp David peace accords , already the armed forces council made it clear.
- The minister made it clear that the only change will take place in our relation with Israel that Egypt will treat it according to Camp David accords . We will have a normal relation with Israel not ‘a special relation’ as before in Time of Mubarak. I do not know why Israel is angry of being treated normally !!? Already this special status made more people angry from Israel and Mubarak.
- The minister hinted that the exported gas prices to Israel will be reviewed.
- He also spoke about the Peace accords and explained important articles about the Egyptian army’s existence at Sinai. He elaborated about two important articles or rights for Egypt we did not use yet : 1) We can have a real UN peacekeeper forces not MFO as the Arab states are no longer standing against Egypt. 2) The existence of Egyptian forces. As a realistic man he said that Israel can approve on the first but will reject the second immediately.
- He hinted that there was that article Egypt has not used against Israel all that time for unknown reason regarding compensations. It turned out that Israel should compensate for us for things like stealing our oil during its occupation to Sinai or stealing ancient Egyptian artifacts or destroying the turquoise mines or even better and better the murder of POWs. He only mentioned the oil case but I remember that one of the Sadats clan bringing up this article when the Egyptian POWs brought up.
- He is totally against Mubarak’s policy in Gaza and he wants to end it.
- He slammed the Madrid peace conference as it overshadowed the important 242 resolution, he also slammed that term of land for peace despite it is based upon 242 resolution.
- The minister made it clear that Iran is not an enemy country , it is an important country in the region which should cooperate with. Already we have diplomatic representation in Tehran and in Cairo. Already El-Araby played a role in restoring back our relations.
- There is nothing bad that Turkey and Iran are trying playing a greater role than they used to play in the past.
- There is a problem indeed when it comes to the treatment of Egyptians at our embassies abroad , also the level and number of representation. The level of representation problem was shown clearly in Libya , an embassy and consulate only serving more than one million Egypt. He did not speak about Libya thought as it should.
- We are going back to Africa and the visit to Sudan whether the North or the South was very promising. North and South Sudan are with in the same boat when it comes to the Nile water share.
- He called the young diplomats to serve in hot and important countries like Sudan.
The fact that he was chosen to head the ministry of foreign affairs makes more optimistic about the future comparing to the damage Mubarak and his men had shamefully made all those years in our regional and foreign policies.
I hope that he has a plan about the allegations of using Egyptians as human shields in Libya as they are his responsibility along with the armed forces council. Turkey sent a ship protected by Turkish air forces to Miisurata , we can do the same thing , we can send those scary F16 Mubarak threatened us with accompanied with one of our ships to evacuate those thousands stuck there.