Saturday, February 4, 2006

The Egyptian ferry tragedy


The Egyptian ferry crisis

It is the worst since many years for sure, thank God more than 300 passengers were saved from drowning and from sharks, yet the rest we considered them in heaven in Allah's Mercy as martyrs.
Here I would like to say all the people or most people that I know feel sad
Also I would like to highlight the touching speech president Mubarak had said today to the Egyptian people in the occasion of this terrible accident ,it is the first time yet I think it is an excellent move , I know I criticize him a lot but I have to respect this.
I also respected the Nigerian football team that wore black ribbons when it played with the Tunisian football team today in Port Said, no wonder the Portsaidi people were with Nigeria today.
Another thing despite my opinion in the Egyptian TV News Section as a big speaker to the regime and NDP ,yet I respected so such when they showed the 7 years old kid who lost his parents ,got no papers at all ,and only knows that he comes from El-Mania ,this kid made me cry when he told the TV that Mom and Dad went down to the sea ,it is terrible experience, an innocent child ,it is so sad, when he was asked where he came from ,he answered I come from Egypt
A great move to show him and ask for any one knows him to call the TV , thank God his uncles called immediately according to the 9 pm News .
And despite my negative views towards the interior ministry and its minister and their anti-riots forces, yet I can't find an excuse to say for the attack of the families of the victims to Safga harbor and the clashes between them and Anti-riots.
I know how they feel but what they do in the harbor ,nothing at all , no every time the government is wrong ,in this kind of crisis THERE MUST BE ORDER.
Yet I can't deny my anger over the late start for the rescue operations ,already the ferry disappeared from the radars at 2 am ,it started exactly at 10 am according to the government statement in TV the first helicopter went to the ship !!
I don't if the official mourning was announced or not and if it is it should be 40 days, anyway I announced it in this blog for three days.
Ask them for Mercy and patience for their families.
The donations are accepted in Bank Nasser for the victims' families.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Zenobia,

    Every now and then we see evidence of "carelessness" and disregard of safety.

    The ship was 36 years old while the law says Egyptian passenger ships should be less than 25 years old.

    Raising the flag of Banama on the ship is the trick the company used to get away with this.

    Some one need to be jailed for this.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comment
Please keep it civilized here, racist and hateful comments are not accepted
The Comments in this blog with exclusion of the blog's owner does not represent the views of the blog's owner.