Thursday, February 9, 2006

Farewell Granddad

I don't know what to write or what to say except yesterday my grand father had passed away suddenly ,yes he was in the hospital in the IC because of strong winter flu ,yet we had faith that he was going to be just fine and come back again ,Already from two months he survived from the IC in Badran hospital ,I didn't mention the disease but he was going to die from the doctors' mistakes !! It was enough to say that he was suffering from high blood pressure ,he went from Badran with diabease ,I swear there was a night while he was there and we thought he was going to leave us ,yet yesterday we didn't imagine that he was going to leave us in that simple way.
Thank God in the last two months ,he saw all his family member who loved him so much ,he was the elder of the family ,even his sister in the United States came and saw him ,it is heart breaking ,already I don't know what I am writing .
Despite my early age I farewelled him when he was in the morgue and I attended his burial ,We got cemetery for the family in El-Fayoum way ,just like the pharaohs dead city ,who used to bury their dead in the West side .
I try not to remember how we recieved the news ,or what does this mean,sometimes I think he is going to come back ,he was too hyper active
He is a grand father to me ,he is a father too me ,My mom and my real dad divorced when I was just one year ,and I was raised by my grand father or Papa as used to call him ,I had n't seen my father once ,I don't know what his face looked like ,even when he died from Cancer when I was 8 year old and my mom told me to go and pray for him ,I prayed then I went to watch the TV because simply I didn't know who was that person .
Yet it is different in My grandfather case ,so different ,yesterday morning I was crying and going wondering with no aim in the house ,just walking around .
My grand father is the one who made me like this , a blogger ,who loves to read and express her opinion ,a jounralist without a newspaper ,and this goes to the fact he was a great journalist in this Country ,you may not be fimilar with him simply because he was an honest man, who never sold his pen for the ruler's satisfaction and that 's why he didn't take anything from jounralism , he adored it and he adore the synidication and there were generations who graduated undeer his command and it is enough to say that Wagdy Kandil,Mamdouh Mahran and Osama Thraya worked under his command
I can't write anymore except if you got El-Akhbar today you will see him in the first page , he was an Akhbar-El-youm stuff,this is another post story because he got very important books and great history
I want to send him a message : I know I promised you to make a website from Mohammed Ali Royal Family and I am sorry that I didn't even started in designning the website despite I made a concept design for it ,and I am sorry I was lazy enough not to buy a scanner to scan all great historical photographic archive that I doubt that any one in the arab world has it ,
grand dad your pen is not dried yet and you still with us ,we love you and you can imagine the emptiness in our lives now , I may not know how to express my love easily but I guess you know I love you ,you are from my idols and God knows how much I feel now

3 comments:

  1. El Baqa2 lellah ya Zeinab
    -- Kisses sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elabakia fi hyatek.

    I know it feels very bad. I lost my grandfather few years ago and he was the person that I loved the most in the world. It felt like I am not going to be happy again. The only thing that eased my pain is when my mom told me that he was very satisfied with me.

    May Allah SWT help your family during this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ya Eman and Egyptian in usa ,I hope I don't see you again in anything bad or sad

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comment
Please keep it civilized here, racist and hateful comments are not accepted
The Comments in this blog with exclusion of the blog's owner does not represent the views of the blog's owner.